|Position Tasks & Activities:
- Rent equipment or arrange for provisions of service to customer.
- Prepare rental forms and contracts, obtains customer signature and other information as required.
- Maintain daily and overdue contract file.
- Compute charges based on rental or service rate.
- Explain rental fees and provide information about rented item, such as operation or description.
- Quote prices and rates to customers.
- Answer incoming phone calls, take messages, and direct calls.
- Report to work at least 10 minutes early to prepare store for opening and receive cash drawer
- Count cash drawer and turn in balanced cash bag to supervisor every night.
- Learn to use the computer and help keep it accurate and up to date.
- Read and know policies and procedures in the Dill Rental Counter Manual.
- Recommend items to customers that meet their needs.
- Reserve items for requested time and maintain rental reservation file.
- Keep log of delivery and pick up times.
- Serve as dispatcher for delivery drivers.
- Provide driver with map and any specific delivery instructions requested by the customer.
- Coordinate with Customer Service Advisors on priorities.
- Update/call overdue list and alert supervisor of overdue contracts.
- Clean showroom and equipment. Arrange showroom displays. Keep shelves organized, stocked
and clean. May also clean restrooms.
- Assist customer with the loading and unloading of equipment when necessary. May also need to
demonstrate safety features and operational features of the equipment.
- May fill customerís propane cylinders from time to time.
- Resolve customer problems.
- Shut down computer terminals after others have logged out and prepare CPU for backup.
- Report safety violations to Safety Officer.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, staff and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Must be able to serve customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner whether in person
or on the telephone. Must assist them with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions
and order adjustments. Must be able to process cash and credit card payments, as well as make
change and credits.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with limited exposure to outside
elements. The job requires constant interaction with the public. May have exposure to chemicals,
including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents.
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess sales and customer relation skills.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must speak English clearly and write legibly. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to schedule, coordinate and follow-through.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to provide, understand, and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions, take notes, and learn procedures.
Reports to: Customer Service Advisors or Sales Manager
Click here to open the Employment Application